I swore I would be good at this, but I am running around like a crazy person from place to place. And Becky, hats off to you! Blogging in the car. I am focusing on not vomiting on everyone. I am with Artem! EWWWWWWW!
The traffic means we are going and stopping and going and stopping. It is worse than being on a canoe in the middle of an ocean. Then, think about when you are behind a car that needs its exhaust fixed, and know that every car here does. But, because there isn't air conditioning and it is hot, you have to open the window. I am driving down the road with a medical mask (yes, I brought one because I am very allergic to smoke and needed to be prepared) and one of those small electric hand fans with foam blades blowing the air across my face and out the window. I spend an hour an a half just trying to hold everything down. Who could ever blog???
Now, the news you all want to know. Yes, we gladly accepted our referral. And yes, she is daddy's girl. Just like I prayed. We did name her Ariana Elle, but she doesn't look like an Ariana. So we have been giving her the nick name Ana. Still an A name so it works for monograms and I like that.
She is almost average height and head circumference, but she is very light. Like a feather. She loves music and loves to hold stuffed animals. I brought her this plastic doll with batteries in it and I swear it weighed more than her! So, I had to whip out the build a bear doll we all made for her. She adores it!!!! She won't let it go. We have had good attachment signs. She is still guarded and she makes us work to earn her trust. She clearly trusts her caregivers. That is a good thing. They let us see her bed and I watched them clean her poopy. It involved a bath tub which means she probably isn't going to mind baths much. I love her baby home. I love the director. I would really enjoy doing missionary work to the baby home some day. This place has been such a blessing to her as evidenced by her growth charts.
Yes, she has a sad story. Yes, she has delays we need to make up for. And yes, she is going to need a lot of love and attachment therapy, but loving a little angel is what we signed on for and we certainly have one to love on now.
She most definitely needs your prayers. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for her body, mind and spirit to grow and develop and be average... no above average! She deserves far better than average. Pray for all those that care for her. That they get all the emotional, financial and any other kind of support they need so that they can give Ana all the attention, time, care and nutrician Ana needs.
AND THE BEST THING FOR HER IS TO GET HOME... The orphanage did not have room for her initially so we are on a big paper chase covering multiple towns! Please pray that all the papers needed from Russian and the US come together in a miraculous way to the court so that we can be back to Moscow for court in a month. It is doable. The families coming in next week will have waited 1 month 3 days.
Thank you for all your prayers and love. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful support system!
Paka!
Michelle

2 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad that you guy's are having such a wonderful time with Ana! I love the nickname!I know that you are enjoying every second with her. I cannot wait to hear all about your travels!
Nic
M, I am so happy that God answered every one of your prayers. The fact that in our humaness we said it couldn't be done, makes it all the more precious and inspiring. That God, He's such a show off! :)
Can't wait to see all the photos and hear your voice without skype problems and long distance bills! :) Oh wait, shoot, by the time you get home I am going to be gone... dang, I have over a week before I will actually be talking to you! :(
Post a Comment