I wrote this poem for mothers day and I sent it to those who worked here at my HS agency and to those who work at my adoption agency. My HS agency seemed to really enjoy it as they forwarded it all over the place. So, I thought I would share. This goes out to any of our middle men that we missed. Kayrn, I would love for you to print it out and give it to S,I and the crew in Moscow. If I had their email I would have sent it to them too. (no one give me their email that would be very DANGEROUS to a waiting PAP)
Happy Mother’s Day
You have made mothers of many
through the deeds that you do.
You make the world a better place
and so this day is also for you.
For being the soul of adoption
Working from hope and love.
I wanted to make sure someone told you
You are a blessing from above.
For being stuck in the middle
Always a hard place to be.
For being the one who is rational
When working with the irrational like me.
For taking time to listen
With your ears as well as your heart.
And making sure we find our children,
That nothing keeps us apart.
For paperwork, and questions
And phones that always ring.
Today’s the day to do it.
It is your praises that we sing.
For God puts on this Earth
Some, to do the angel’s work.
And meeting such an angel
Has been an adoption perk.
May God bless you for the hope
And for answering all our prayers.
May God bless you for your kindness
And for always being there.
And when you are feeling empty
You have given all your energy away.
May God overflow your spirit
With all they joy you have sewn along the way.
May God Bless each of you on this Mother’s Day,
With gratitude and love
From all the Mother’s you have made and all the mothers you will make.
Author: Michelle Robson

3 comments:
This is beautiful! I will definitely print it out when we get to our new apartment (that has a printer!) and pass in on to S & I. I'm sure they'll appreciate it very much. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Michelle - that is a gorgeous poem!!! You have such a talent!
Michelle - what a heartfelt poem. I sent it on to our SWer who has become a wonderful friend through our two adoptions.
Post a Comment