We heard from our agency that our judge was on vacation until August 1st. We THINK we may have August 11th as our court date. Why? Because S told us when we were in Moscow that the actual court date would typically be 10 days from the day she goes to the judge asking for a hearing.
If my prediction comes to pass, I am planning on flying out the 5th so I can spend 4 days with her before we go to court. If they will let us into the orphanage on Sunday, we will go then too! Ian will come in for the weekend and court date.
I will get to have one week with Aidan, Collin and Corbin before leaving again.
Gotcha day would be August 22nd, so mom and I would fly out on Aug 19th. We would get to enjoy the weekend sight seeing and then the next week we would get to go on a paper chase :) and be home before Labor Day weekend.
Sadly, this is now the best case scenario. We had thought we would be taking off in a couple of days for court next Monday. We are sad that didn't happen. Most people wait 4-6 weeks for court. We will be waiting 8 weeks. Crazy that this is now a best case scenario. The worst, and quite possible situation ends with our court date being Sept. 29th and Ariana's arrival in the USA in October, after she has turned 2.
We must have a court date prior to August 19th or it looks like court will be Sept. 29th or later.
We are asking everyone to pray for an August court date for the Robson family and Ariana.
Thank you all!
Michelle

5 comments:
Michelle,
God is good! He hears our prayers and will get sweet Ariana home right on time!
Karen
Yikes! Why would it be as late as September 29? We got caught up a little bit in the vacationing judge syndrome as well, but waiting until September seems VERY excessive! We waited about 8 weeks for our court date. It was an excruciating wait, so I can definitely empathize with you.
As Karen said, God IS good!! Please find comfort in the many CSS families lifting up prayers for you to have a speedy court date so your little sweetie can get home asap.
Hugs,
Karyn
I am so sorry to hear that your court date is delayed. Maybe something will happen when you least expect it. Praying for a earlier court date for you. Once you hit your Gotcha Day it will all be worth this agony and waiting!
Hugs
Dinia
PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING for you!
I might have to hijack a portion of your trip!
Nic
Post a Comment