The blond may not be natural, but I have earned it. I had such a blond day today. I have so many highlights to share from my Super Sunday, but I have to start with my blond moments. First of all, in my defense, Ian has been carrying everything around for me.. my passport, the camera, phone, cash.. everything. He must have the biggest pockets ever, because yesterday when I went out, my passport stuck out of the top of my pockets.
I started off well enough. Karen and Kerry came to get me for a tour with Katia and Vladamir. I had everything: camera, phone, passport with slips, cash, Marriott Key, Metro card (just in case) and a map (just in case). Of course it was all spilling out of my pockets so Karen put it in her bag.. all was well. At the souvenir shop I took everything out of her bag, and at some point lost my cell phone! Not sure where.. but it is gone.
Then, I went back to the hotel and decided I need some cash. I recently got a new cash card with a new pin, and I realized the last time I used it was probably May... I stood at the machine... I could not remember the number!!! I tried a few, and before the machine ate it, I gave up and went to the bank window. She tried to get me some money but USAA, our bank, had of course put a block on it.. some random person in Russia with the wrong pin is using this card.. would you give them $2,000? So, I head upstairs and call. They are closed until Monday. I try the online system and manage to change the pin to the card. Dinia called to let me know she was in the lobby in the middle of my frantic attempt. She patiently waited while I finished up, grabbed all my important items and left again. My story gives them an opportunity to giggle at me, but it only got better. When asked by fellow APs at dinner to see Ana, I proudly grab my camera to show my angel off! It was brilliant, except that you really do need your camera battery and the SD card to be successful. So a forgotten pin #, a lost cell phone and a camera with out a battery or SD card! My roots may be black and grey, but my soul is all blond!
Does anyone blame me for staying inside the Marriott today? I think I want to arrange a massage and read all day. It is my 1/2 way point reward.
Actually, yesterday was so much fun! Karen and Kerry came to get me. I feel like we are such good friends and this was the first time we ever met. Crazy! We did a basic tour of Moscow, and I remember Tanya doing the same tour. But this time I remember everything said. I even had questions. Things have become so familiar and after so much time, Ian and I had wondered what the stories were with different landmarks. I can't express what a great idea it was to do the same tour again. The first time was wonderful to give us our bearings and satisfy that need to see the highlights. This time was intellectually fulfilling. I can't say enough good things about Katia and Vladimir. Katia is so sweet and has such a casual way about her. She was just peaceful to be around, and also very knowledgeable. Now, Vladamir was just plain side splittingly funny!! He was sarcastic at every turn. We asked him what a building was (utility plant) and he answered "chernobyl"! Seriously! His car was older and didn't have AC and we just didn't care, we were too busy laughing too hard at him. It was a thousand degrees outside, we are in a black tin can with no AC and we are all laughing so hard we are making a scene. What a wonderful man. Someone said he was KGB, but I just don't see it. He teases so much there is no way to know for sure.
After my little adventure with K & K, and my frantic pursuit of a pin for my debit card, I went out to meet Ron and Dinia for their last meal in Moscow. Of course, we went to Googl Moogl. Yummy! We met up with 2 CHI families that made me very glad to be with CSS. Shame on me for ever complaining about the wait times. One family brought thier beautiful son Nich. He was from Moscow city and a little over a year old. He was such a charmer! The other family has been to court in Kemerovo and is heading back Tuesday for pick up. We will be running into them next week during the Red Tape Rumba I am sure. I told them to look out for Cathy, Mike, Karen and Kerry.
I got to talk to Ian last night as well as my boys. This is taking a toll on Aidan, and I am eager to get a working camera and mic for skype so Aidan can see me. I am glad I am taking some time off when I get back. Aidan is going to need some extra attention and normalcy as much as Ana. We are going to be eager to show Ana the world, but I think we need a month of regular nap times and a very scheduled calm environment. Once we all get our equilibrium back, we will be ready to find time for adventure.

1 comment:
Hey blondie! Was that your cell phone for Russia or home? You are so crazy! Congrats, you are halfway there!!!!
Nic
Post a Comment