Aug/Sept Update

Monday, August 18, 2008

Mundane Monday

I woke up rather late. Went upstairs to the lounge for my free breakfast. I then went down stairs to wish Anny and her husband well as they head out to meet Svetlana and go to the MOE. I was treated with the opportunity to meet Violet the angel who showed Nicole and Bret around. Clearly they have mutual admiration for each other. Violet was a sweet heart. And the Khalils get to have Vlademir for a driver! They are in for a riot!

I then, headed up stairs where I opened my book and fell back asleep for most of the day. In fact, I think I woke up at 4! No massage or facial for me! That is ok. I finished Confessions of a Shopaholic- pure simple indulgence. When was the last time I read mindless humor. It was delicious! I went downstairs to draw some money out of the ATM and some young boy- ok he was in his 20s, but when you are 40, that is young.... well, he had cameras and microphones around him and it was all I could do to stay out of the line of the photographers to get to the ATM. There were a few young men, dressed in D&G, carrying jerseys and nike shoes..so I guess they play a sport.. they smelled good, I will give them that. I was pleased that the cameras can't follow them to our floor as you have to have a key to get up here. They will love me as a floor mate. I have no clue who they are, I am quiet, and I really don't care. .... ok, that isn't entirely true. For a spit second I really hoped they were the Russian Legion Paintball team. If I came home with an autograph from them I would be a hero in my house.. anything else would be a waste of paper right now. So, I will be as good as an empty room.

I talked to some friends on skype, sent out some emails and started a new book. It has been an 'un-Michelle' day. I never have days like this. I doubt I will ever have another one again in the next 12+ years...

It is almost midnight, and all I can think about is my team at IDS. They are having their meet and greet with the new students and I REALLY REALLY want to be there. I am sick to my stomach quite literally. It is a testament to how much I want my baby girl home, that I am missing the beginning of the school year. This is such an amazing time of year. I promise it is as exciting or more exciting for the teachers than it is for the students.

Living in Tampa, I would really appreciate every one's prayers that the storm named Fay, withers away into nothing but some wonderful rain, and it heads to an area in need of that rain. There is nothing quite like watching a storm head for your home while you sit on the other side of the planet.

2 comments:

guardgirl said...

I SO wish I could be there! I am so envious!! How are you and baby? and the family? The pictures are wonderful. I am thinking of you and your family every day!
Love, Carolyn

Over-Caffeinated said...

Okay, what friends did you call on Skype because YOU ARE NOT CALLING ME!!!!!! Why? Why? Why? I realize that I can't complete a conversation, but seriously, throw a girl a bone here! You're killing me! :)

Your day sounds down-right fabulous! I would give a pinky finger for a day like that! :)