Aug/Sept Update

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

I can't wait to get on every one's blogs and see all the Halloween photos! Ya, bettah be postin' em.

To explain a few in the slide show:
The lady with Ariana is my amazing neighbor and one of those amazing women you idolize. Her name is Bonnie and my kids adore her as much as I do. We weren't up for Ariana doing the whole trick or treat thing this year, so she dressed up and knocked on Bonnie's door. Even with my great efforts to shelter her from lots of chaos, she is a mess today. Laying on the ground, writhing and screaming mess. She got in the car and fell asleep instantly this morning. Not normal at all. When she woke up she was still a grump, so I gave her an Epsom salt bath- calm in the tub, but not out. I made my husband swear he would only feed her protein or veggies the rest of the day. The carbs just don't help my cause. Now, I am monitoring Collin's homework progress while he is on a bike ride pulling the babies around trying to sooth her.

She also got to dress up at school yesterday. The baby room and the 3 year old class parade in the morning so they can nap all afternoon. After a 4 year break, Ian was back down in Early Primary carving pumpkins again. Just 3 more carving sessions to go for Aidan and 3 for Ariana! In addition to carving at school, we still carve at home, and Ariana was so cute. She was totally perplexed by the entire process. But she loved the results. Every night this week she went outside to check on the pumpkins glowing. She would oooh and ahhh.

Collin invited a bunch of school friends to walk around the 'hood with him and trick or treat. We had a nice crowd. Sadly their parents stayed at home. We vow to be better organized this year and have a grown up gathering along with the boys so that we can all enjoy the festivities. Watching all of them swap candy was priceless. Poor Ian must have walked 10 miles while trying to keep up with them the whole way. Ariana and I were busy handing out candy at home and catching up on Grey's Anatomy.

Corbin on the other hand started out wanting to enjoy Aidan's excitement. That lasted about 20 houses. He hit his buddy's home and discovered a yard full of high schoolers and dumped his family. Times are changing. All too soon it will be Aidan standing in that yard, Collin will be finishing college and Corbin will be a young professional. EEEK... there is a Halloween scare for you!

I hope everyone else had a great Halloween. Ours was one of the best we have had in a long time. I love when it is on the weekend.

1 comment:

Over-Caffeinated said...

Ummm, is there something you need to share with me? I have searched back posts (cute outfit by the way) to find an explanation for what this scary looking thing is on this baby's head, but you do NOT tell us how she got the angry boo boo... Michelle, is there something you need to share with the group? Or does Ana need an O intervention (that's me, not Oprah! :)