Yes, I know. I am a blogger world looser!!!
But I do have an excuse. A good one too...
Drum roll....
We are moving!!!
Please Please Please go back with me to a September/October comment left here on my blog, directed to me by my husband. He said, "we are NOT moving"!!!
HAH!
So the story goes:
When I came home with Ariana I really started to feel like we needed to move: That Ian needed to stop traveling and come home at night. As a consultant, he is gone all week and home on the weekends. I really wanted to head to North Carolina or even Tennessee where many of my adoption friends live. I was ready to leave the heat and have a father for my kids around. With 4 kids that doesn't seem like a lot to ask. Unfortunately, the stock market plummeted (along with our way of paying for the adoption!!). So my darling, wonderful, sexy husband told me to be glad he was employed and to stop trying to suggest a move. (Hey, he had just given in on the adoption thing, he wasn't so eager to show such little will power so quickly.)(By the way- Ariana is to NEVER know he waffled on that one. She has him wrapped around his finger to this moment. She put him there the day they met and he has remained there since... in fact I have no idea where the two of them are right now, but they are off somewhere together!)
Well, his company, like everyone else, starts to lay people off and Ian gets worried. He starts to look around for options. And guess what?! Yeah, you are right. He found one! Actually, he found a few and in the end it was between 2 wonderful offers. Talk about REALLY blessed in this economy!!!
Ian starts in Miami at the end of March. We will join him this summer. We are planning on renting a home in Weston, which is just west of Ft. Lauderdale and a 25 minute drive to his office in Miami. Weston was designed by Disney World and looks it. It is a gated community that is 25 square miles. It has a town center with an ice cream shop and little stores. Just perfect. It is mostly kids, which is exactly what I wanted. I am hoping everyone will come and visit us.
Sadly, we will leave our beloved Tampa behind. We thought when we came that we would be here 8 months to 2 years. Now, 14 years later we are moving on. I am going to miss my home like crazy. I am a princess with an amazing palace to live in. It is so POSH and I am spoiled. I am going to leave my amazing, wonderful, glorious IDS. Honestly, it is the only reason we ever really stayed. Nothing compares to IDS. It is such a unique learning environment... And, I am going to leave some wonderful friends behind; like, my cherished forever friend Carolyn... Godmother to my babies and a big part of my heart forever.
Fortunately, we are just moving down the road.
The good news is that I am going to be a stay at home mom and try to help everyone adjust. Collin will start middle school, Corbin goes to high school, Aidan will be in preschool and Ariana is going to get some MOMMY TIME.
We are also going to see Ian for dinner most nights! I am going to start cooking fabulous meals just to make sure that he hurries home for dinner. If he is really lucky, Ariana and I will join the YMCA and I can drop some of this "baby" weight. (He is welcome to pray about it)
So, that is what has had me silent. We weren't ready to let the cat out of the bag yet. But now that the sign is going in the yard the feline is free. I left my camera in Weston at the realtor's office. I need to get it back so I can post some new photos of my angels. Ariana is looking so cute in her spring attire! I just love these colors.

5 comments:
Oh precious friend, I am so glad that God has held you in His tender hand throughout this ordeal and that you are sounding so happy. I miss you!
Miami Bound!!! Moving can be such a stressful time but look at it as an adventure! The new area sounds wonderful! I am voting that the first official girls weekend takes place in your neck of the woods!
Nic
Keep me posted on anything I can do to help!
Congratulations on the move, sounds like exciting changes for your family.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your darling girl in her spring attire!
Take Care.
God is good, all the time, God is good! Best wishes on your new home and adventure.
I have just discovered your blog..and come here quite often because we are hoping to adopt a little girl as precious as yours..so she is my inspiration. Coincidently, we live in Plantation! Play soccer in Weston and my hubby works in Miami! So Welcome!
http://hope-ourbabygirl.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment