Aug/Sept Update

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Reason #3 I adopted from Russia

M was in an orphanage in Siberia. He was close to 2 years old at adoption time and was quite ill. He had been hospitalized and went directly to the IA doctor clinic once here in the states. At 2 years old he was wearing a 3 month size. He had rickets, scabies, giardia and a whole host of other issues. At 8 months, he was on his belly showing motor development of what I see in pictures as a 3 month old. Today, M is a thriving Pre-Kindergarten student. He turned 5 this past week and is soaring. M is capable of reading and writing independently (he prefers to play- go figure!). He can speak multiple languages. He is incredibly creative and has an amazing memory. Although strong in all academic areas, math is what comes easiest to M. M is a confident boy who thrives when given opportunities to help and lead.

M's parents are incredibly sweet. M is an only child and clearly the light of mom and dad's lives. Dad coaches M's t-ball team and often is the one to pick M up from work. Mom has been a sweet encourager throughout the process. I will miss her very much as they move on to Kindergarten. I can't believe what an effect their love has had on this little boy.

No comments: